Tomorrow is Easter and ARE YOU READY?! What have you got planned? A lot of dinners? Chocolate egg hunts? Sleeping in? Well whatever it is you’ll be getting into this weekend, enjoy yourself and be safe.
- 2 1/4 cups (560 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup (430 ml) sugar
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice, approximately
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Generously butter and flour a 2.5 litres (10 cups) Bundt or tube cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the lemon juice and buttermilk.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool. Unmould from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice. If necessary, add a little juice or icing sugar so that the frosting is just runny. Pour over the cooled cake so that the glaze drips over the sides.
That’s the fresh perspective…
…thanks for the recipe Jocelyn…