SUMMER SKIN: tips to keep it healthy.
Summer= sun & heat. Many people think that summer also equals more moisture. Surprise! Now more than ever we need to keep on top of keeping our skin healthy, and moisturized. That includes both your face and your body.
1. Wear a safe, non-toxic sunscreen. This will help protect from the harsh UV rays. Make sure to wear it daily (especially on your face) and to re-apply throughout day if you’re out in the sun.
2. Exfoliate. From head to toe. This should be done about twice a week, and to simplify things, do it in the shower! A nice trick to give your body that extra exfoliation, and to get your blood flowing, is to use a dry brush right before you jump in the shower. Make sure you brush your skin in the the direction towards your heart. Also, there is a big difference between a body scrub, and a facial scrub, so make sure to keep that in mind.
3. Moisturize, constantly. In my honest opinion, you can never get enough moisture back into your skin. The sun sucks up more than we think. There’s a moisturizer out there for everyone! Ideally, you should slap your favorite lotion on your entire body, after every shower. Don’t forget your feet, you can even use a thicker cream morning and night on those guys. As for your face, use a daytime lotion with a built in SPF in the am and a moisturizing night cream in the pm.
4. Wear a hat. This is one that most people tend to forget about. The brim of most hats will help to protect/shade your face a little, but most importantly, hats will protect your scalp, which is an easy target for those sunny rays.
5. Drink a lot of water. I mean a lot. This makes a HUGE difference. It helps hydrate from the inside out, and isn’t just topical like a moisturizer. Hydration is key, not only for our body’s health, but our skin’s health.
Don’t forget, this includes all you men & boys out there too 😛